Request for Proposal
Submit Your Proposal Before :
To : Hayam Yassin – STO
The Om Habibeh Foundation (OHF) is commencing a five-year skills development initiative in collaboration with Canadian and local partners in Aswan Governorate. The Aswan Skills Development Program (ASDP) will focus on strengthening the quality and range of vocational and technical training programs, as well as professional development programs available to young women and men in Aswan Governorate.
The ASDP aims to improve the knowledge and services available to young women and men as they transition from education or under/unemployment into training and from training to work or entrepreneurship. ASDP is building on the success of the Om Habibeh Foundation’s Continuing Education Centre (CEC), which since its inception in 2010 has become a leader in English language and IT training in Aswan, as well as Upper Egypt
ASDP seeks to procure the services of a freelancer translator who will work closely with the Quality and Accreditation team to translate the program’s reports and/or documents from Arabic to English, and vice versa. The consultant is to provide high-quality translations in Arabic and English that require limited proofreading and strictly adhere to set deadlines.
He / She is to liaise with Quality and Accreditation Unit to receive assignments for translation.
The consultant shall be contracted for 1 year (one year), on Part-time basis.
- Scope of work:
The contractor shall perform the following duties and responsibilities, and is expected to:
- Conduct written translations from Arabic to English, and vice versa, including texts contained in figures, boxes, captions, sources, and covers, and submit the translation in word-processed documents;
- Thoroughly proofread and edit the document;
- Share draft translation with Quality and Accreditation team, incorporating all suggested changes to the translation;
- Ensure high quality and accuracy throughout the entire document before submitting it to the project team for review;
- Ensure the accuracy of terms and terminology used in the documents;
- Ensure that the translation is written using correct style, grammar, and spelling; and
- Complete the work within the agreed upon timeline and submit the final translation in soft copy.
- Ensure that the translated text is technically, linguistically, and grammatically correct, and that it meets high-quality standards and does not require further editing upon completion of translation;
- Provide accurate and timely translation to the satisfaction of the OHF-ASDP Quality and Accreditation Unit standards;
- Review of translations prior to delivery should include checking of spelling and grammar, confirming technical accuracy, and verifying overall clarity and fluency in every applicable language.
- Quality and Accreditation unit will also conduct such verification checks and may request corrections accordingly.
- The percent of margin of error per page should not exceed 3 errors;
- The translated materials should be provided to Quality and Accreditation team after completion of the required services in soft copy;
- Translations should be done within stipulated deadlines.
- The documents translated remain the copyright of ASDP and shall not be shared to any third party.
- Translation of documents from/to Arabic and English Language. Each page will be calculated by 250 words (250 words per 1 page) – Translation of Power Point slides, per one Slide. Payments will be made against signed OHF-ASDP finance documents and upon actual service delivered.
- Fees will be paid upon actual services provided and after submission of invoice for the payment.
- Payments will be made via bank accounts.
- Reports and/or documents that are given in hard copies shall be submitted as hard copy, “the original copy” and soft copy (in word doc. /excel, etc.)
- Time Frame:
Duration of contract: Annual (renewable)
Type of employment: Part time
- Required qualifications:
The consultant should demonstrate the following qualifications:
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience in technical translation in multiple sectors and various clients, especially in the fields of community development, education and training.
- Expertise with the translation of learning materials, texts on development issues or related fields would be a definite asset.
- Client experience in translations for intergovernmental or governments would be an asset.
- Technical competencies and qualifications of proposed translators should be demonstrated, including CVs, membership with the national and/or international associations of Translators, or similar certifications.
- Proven ability and capacity to deliver translations to meet tight deadlines, such as the flexibility to respond to additional and short notice assignments and deliver on time. contractor should be familiar with the format and style used by ASDP.
- Proven familiarity or a track-record of working with other such organizations would be an asset.
- Ability to provide names and points of contact information for three (3) current references (include email address)
- To Apply
- Interested candidates should send their CV or Profile, including experience in handling similar assignments, to firstname.lastname@example.org
- This posting will close on August 17, 2019;
- Provide names and points of contact information for three (3) current references (include email address);
- Sample of translation (Arabic to English and English to Arabic);
- Portfolio of previous clients (with a certificate of completion)
- Rate per word/page translation;
- A translation assignment will be sent to the candidates;
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
- Contact Information:
Any questions concerning this assignment should be directed to: Mrs. Sara Al Haddad, Head of the Q&A Unit, OHF E