Om Habibeh Foundation - Request for Proposal
Environmental Sustainability Consultant
Submit Your Proposal Before :
To : Moustafa Elamir – Procurement Officer
To update and finalize the Environmental Sustainability curriculum and training delivery approach and tools; and capacitate the Aswan Skills Development Programme (ASDP) in their use.
The Om Habibeh Foundation (OHF) is implementing a five-year skills development initiative in collaboration with Canadian and local partners in Aswan Governorate. The project is funded by the Government of Canada, through Global Affairs Canada, and the Aga Khan Foundation Canada (AKFC). The Aswan Skills Development Programme (ASDP) focuses on strengthening the quality and range of vocational and technical training programs, as well as professional development programs available to young women and men in Aswan Governorate.
ASDP aims to improve the knowledge and services available to young women and men as they transition from education or under/unemployment into training and from training to work or entrepreneurship. ASDP will build on the success of Om Habibeh Foundation’s Continuing Education Centre (CEC) that, since its inception in 2010, has become a leader in English language and IT training in Aswan as well as in Upper Egypt.
OHF is seeking top-level candidates excited about the opportunity to shape the future of Upper Egypt’s technical vocational and professional education landscape in collaboration with private sector, government, and international partners.
The ASDP Ultimate Outcome is “Improved livelihoods for young women and men in Aswan city and Kom Ombo District”. Contributing to this are the following three Intermediate Outcomes:
- Improved prospects for employment and employability for young women and women and men in Aswan and Kom Ombo
- Improved job creation opportunities (self- employment, entrepreneurship) for young women and men in Aswan and Kom Ombo
- Strengthened local gender and environmentally-sensitive labour market system to support young women and men in Aswan and Kom Ombo in entrepreneurship and employability
- Scope of Work
Over twenty-five days, the consultant will develop an approach and tools to review and strengthen ASDP curricula training delivery and use the tools to suggest changes to our vocational and entrepreneurship courses. The approach and tools will be able to be used to incorporate Environmental Sustainability principles into ASDP training materials including at the design and training delivery stages and to train trainers on environmental sustainability course delivery principles. The consultant will then socialize, revise, train, and fully equip relevant teams so that ASDP is in a position to carry approaches and tools forward without further input by consultants. The tools will be aligned with Egyptian Ministry of Environment and Egyptian Environmental Affairs (EEAA) policies and regulations; and the Aga Khan Foundation Canada Policy on Environmental Sustainability (PES).
- Duties and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the ASDP Coordination Manager, and in close cooperation with the ASDP ES focal point and Q&A manager, the Environmental Sustainability expert will:
- Review relevant ASDP documents, specifically training curricula and the AKFC PES
- Consult with trainers and component managers to define training objectives and modalities
- Draft an approach and all necessary tools that curriculum developers and trainers can use to integrate environmental sustainability principles and content into curricula and into training delivery
- Using approach and tools developed, conduct a review of ASDP vocational training and entrepreneurship curriculum that results in specific suggestions to integrate environmental sustainability content
- Conduct two workshops, one with entrepreneurship team and one with vocational training team, to share results of reviews
- Conduct a presentation to the ASDP core team (Senior Program Manager, Component and Cross-cutting leads) to introduce environmental sustainability curriculum mainstreaming approach and tools
- Update and finalize the ES curriculum and training delivery approach and tools as necessary (after vocational and entrepreneurship and core team workshops)
- Develop (i.e. PowerPoint presentation and related handouts) and carry out a Training of Trainers for ASDP trainers and partners across all components, to full equip ASDP trainers to mainstream ES within courses using developed approach and tools
- Main Outputs/Deliverables
The main deliverables/outputs of the project are:
- Draft approach and associated tools for curriculum review and training delivery to mainstream environmental sustainability into ASDP trainings, that it is aligned with Egyptian Ministry of Environment and Egyptian Environmental Affairs (EEAA) policies and regulations
- Specific recommendations to mainstream environmental sustainability into vocational and entrepreneurship curricula and training delivery
- Two workshops: one with vocational training team and a second with the entrepreneurship team to present tools and gather feedback
- One presentation to ASDP core staff on draft approach and tools
- Finalized package with approach and tools
- One training of trainers to capacitate teams to mainstream environmental sustainability into their courses and into course delivery
Deliverables will be delivered in both Arabic and English. All materials must be translated into both languages.
- Required Skills and Experience
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent) in relevant area (environmental science, environmental studies, or related discipline). Master’s Degree or PhD preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of experience integrating environmental sustainability considerations into development projects or policies
- Record of reviewing and mainstreaming environmental sustainability into training curricula
- Record of experience carrying out at least 2 assignments of similar size and scope
- Demonstrated understanding of environmental sustainability, polices, and regulations and development issues in Egypt
- Excellent communications, presentation, facilitation, report writing and analytical skills
- Experience providing technical input on ES integration to Government of Canada-funded development initiatives would be an asset
- Mastery of oral and written English
- Experience training trainers preferred
The Consultant will report to the Coordination Manager of ASDP.
- Level of effort
The consultancy will take place over 25 working days for one person.
- Travel and other associated costs
The consultant will manage and pay for his/ her own travel and accommodation. The consultancy takes place in Aswan City.
- Scoring Criteria
Scoring for the application is the following:
|Experience is relevant and shows that consultant has carried out similar environmental sustainability reviews of curricula, developed approaches and tools for environmental sustainability in trainings, and trained teams to mainstream environmental sustainability||40|
|Budget. Budgets will be ranked with the bid with the lowest dollar value receiving 20 points, the bid with the highest dollar value receiving 0 points, and all others distributed according to the bid amount along that scale.||20|
|Sample work is at a high standard||10|
|Approach and timeline are reasonable and show understanding of the Scope of Work||10|
|References relate positive experience with applicant and review their work positively||10|
|Overall application, including cover letter, is well-prepared and responsive to the ToR||10|
Proposals with 70 out of 100 points will proceed to the next round of evaluations (interview).
- Application Instructions
Applications must be in English. A single document with the following information will make up your application:
– Cover Letter
– Descriptions of 4-8 experiences carrying out similar relevant work
– Suggested approach to carry out work
– Suggested timeline. The work should not be carried out over more than two months.
– Budget. All associated costs for the consultancy should be included in the total required amount to carry out the work, including transport, translation, accommodation, etc.
– Any suggested amendments to the ToR (optional)
– Three references that we can contact to ask about previous similar work
– Sample of work of curriculum review completed
Applications should be no more than 10 pages, not including sample work. Sample work can be up to an additional 10 pages/slides.
- Contact Information
Please email your application to Moustafa Elamir at email@example.com. Please include the subject line: APPLICATION: ENVIRONMENTAL SUSTAINABILITY. Enquiries can be made to the same address.
- Due date
The application is due three weeks from the publication of this opportunity.